You may also choose not to provide us with “optional” personal data (i.e., “not required” fields on forms), but please keep in mind that without it we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our Services or with the best user experience when using our Services.
I. Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of information in relation to the Services.
Usage and Device Information When you visit or use the Services, we may collect certain information from you, including, for example, your IP address, operating system, device-identifying information, how you interact with the Services, the specific web pages visited during your connection, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services. In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Services, the time zone and/or location from which you access the Services, the areas or pages of the Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Services, the number of times you return to the Services and other similar data. We collect content you create on the Services as well as information about the content you create or provide. We may also use non-personal or aggregated information for statistical analysis, research, and other purposes.
Communications with our Customers and Users. Personal data contained in any forms and inquiries that you may submit to us, including support requests, interactions through social media channels and instant messaging apps, registrations to events that we host, organize or sponsor, and participation in our online and offline communities and activities); surveys, feedback and testimonials received; expressed, presumed or identified needs, preferences, attributes and insights relevant to our potential or existing engagement; and sensory information including phone call and video conference recordings (e.g., with our customer experience or product consultants), as well as written correspondences, screen recordings, screenshots, documentation and related information that may be automatically recorded, tracked, transcribed and analyzed, for purposes including analytics, quality control and improvements, training, and record-keeping purposes.
Information You Provide. We collect personal information from you when you submit it to us, including by: (1) registering an account on the Services; (2) subscribing or placing an order; (3) signing up for communications; (4) contacting us; (5) leaving a review, or (6) participating in a promotion or survey. This information may include, for example, your first and last name, email address, mailing address, billing address, telephone number, date of birth, payment method, photographs you upload, and additional verification data, including government identification. You may also enter in certain passwords, usernames, account numbers, and other account information for websites, apps, products or services provided by third-party services providers (“Third-Party Services”). In order to display information to you through the Services, we may collect, on your behalf, your account and other personal information from Third-Party Services that you register under your account via the Service. We may request or receive other personal information such as feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to provide you with other benefits or to improve upon the Service. In such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or decline that information.
We may combine the information we collect from you with information we receive about you from other sources.
We use a third-party card processor for all credit card transactions, and we do not store any credit card information on our Services. We may collect personal information from you when you write a review on our Services.
In some jurisdictions, individuals may have the right to opt-in or withdraw consent for certain uses. If you reside in such jurisdictions, you may have additional rights which are detailed below, “Access, Correction and Deletion.”
We may also use web beacons and other applications or features to help us analyze user behavior and measure the effectiveness of the Services and our advertising. We may work with service providers that help us track, collect and analyze this information. We may combine the information we collect through cookies and web beacons with other information we have collected from you or information from other sources.
The Services will only use or access your information to read, write, modify or control of your Google data including message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Google data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve the Services features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets. If we transfer your Google data as a result of complying with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, we will notify you of such transfer unless such notice is prohibited by law.
The Services will not use your Google data for serving advertisements.
We will not allow our personnel or other individuals to read your data unless (a) we have your affirmative agreement to view specific messages, files, or other data, (b) doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, (c) doing so is necessary to comply with applicable law, or (d) our use is limited to the Services internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
Third-Party Services. If you register or log into your account through Third-Party Services, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, including identifiers, such as your name and other information in that account, and used for purposes such as improving your recommendations. We may also have access to third-party account information if you use the features of the Services to share a link.
II. How We Use Your Information
(1) to fulfill your requests as part of your use of the Services;
(2) to respond to your inquiries;
(3) to send you a confirmation email when you subscribe to the Services or make a purchase;
(4) to review usage and operations of the Services;
(5) to address problems with the Services or our business, and to improve our Services and business;
(6) to provide support, including addressing questions users or merchants may have with the Services;
(7) to protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business;
(8) to monitor the Services for compliance with our Terms and the law;
(9) to contact you with updates, newsletters and other informational and promotional materials from us and third party marketing offers from partners, as well as from other companies; and
(10) to provide interest-based advertising to you based on the way you use the Services.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us about special offers, promotions, and other marketing communications, you can opt-out of receiving these communications by following the instructions contained in the messages you receive or changing your account settings. Even if you opt-out of receiving these messages, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Services, and we may send you announcements and administrative messages. We do not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those communications. Additional information regarding how we communicate with you can be found in the Communication section below. For more information about interest-based advertising, including how you can manage advertising, please see below “Interest-Based Advertising.”
III. How We Disclose Your Information
Disclosure. We may disclose information collected from and about you as follows
(1) to our related companies and service providers, to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us such as: hosting and server co-location services, communications and content delivery networks (CDNs), data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, fraud detection, investigation and prevention services, web and mobile analytics, email and communication distribution and monitoring services, remote access services, performance measurement, data optimization and marketing services, social and advertising networks, content, lead generating and data enrichment providers, email, voicemails, video conferencing solutions, support and customer relation management systems, third-party customer support providers, and our legal, compliance and financial advisors and auditors;
(4) to facilitate community involvement through our public blogs, forums, communities, or social channels. Any information you submit on these forums, blogs and communities – including profile information associated with the User profile you use to post the information – may be read, collected, and used by others who access the Services. Due to the nature of such public forums, your posts and certain profile information may remain visible to all even after you terminate your User profile. To request removal of your information from publicly accessible parts of the Services operated by us, please contact us as provided below and note the part of the Services from which you would like your information to be removed. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to and why;
(5) If you submit a public review or feedback, note that we may (at our discretion) store and present your review publicly, on our Services. If you wish to remove your public review, please contact us at email@example.com. If you choose to send others an email or message inviting them to use the Services, we may use the contact information you provide us to automatically send such invitation email or message on your behalf. Your name and email address may be included in the invitation email or message.
(6) to respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order) and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law. Such disclosure or access may occur if we believe in good faith that: (a) we are legally compelled to do so; (b) disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing; or (c) such disclosure is required to protect the security or integrity of our products and Services; and
(7) in the event that our company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. We may also disclose your personal information with your express consent. We may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about users with third parties. We may share your information in other ways if you have asked us to do so or have given consent.
Please note that if you voluntarily submit any personal information for posting in a public area of the Services, such as a review or a blog post, the information becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others, so you should use care before posting information about yourself online.
Internet-Based Advertising. We may use third-party advertising companies that use tracking technologies to serve our advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to the Services and other websites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. These advertising companies serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated sites, and some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information collected about your visits to the Services, and elsewhere over time. Other companies may also use such technology to advertise on our Services.
From time to time, we may need to contact you about the Services and to conduct promotional activities. We may do so through e-mail, phone, text message, and notifications. We may contact you with important information regarding our Services. For example, we may send you notifications (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our Services, billing issues, log-in attempts or password reset notices, etc. Other Users may also send you notifications, messages and other updates regarding their or your use of the Services. You can control your communications and notifications settings from your User profile settings, or otherwise in accordance with the instructions that may be included in the communications sent to you. However, please note that you will not be able to opt-out of receiving certain Services communications which are integral to your use (like password resets or billing notices).
We may also notify you about new features, additional offerings, events and special opportunities or any other information we think you will find valuable, as our Customer or User. We may provide such notices through any of the contact means available to us (e.g., phone, mobile or email), through the Services, or through our marketing campaigns on any other sites or platforms. If you do not wish to receive such promotional communications, you may notify us at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, changing your communications preferences in your User profile settings, or by following the “unsubscribe”, “stop”, “opt-out” or “change email preferences” instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
V. Other Important Information
Children under the age of sixteen
Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of sixteen (16). No one under age sixteen may provide any personal information to or on our Services. The Services are not directed to children, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen without verifiable parental consent. If you are under sixteen, do not use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features, do not register on our Services, do not make any purchases through our Services, do not use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Services, and do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under thirteen without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under sixteen, please contact us using the information provided below.
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Access, Correction, & Deletion
We respect your right to access and correct your personal information. You may access your personal information by signing into your account. From there, you can correct or modify your information. You may also exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete or restrict access to your personal data. If you need assistance correcting or updating your personal information or would like to request that we delete your personal information, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the “Contact Us” section below.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information that we collect, access or process will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise provided in agreements between you and us or as required or authorized by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or de-identified.
Users from Outside the United States
We use measures designed to maintain information we collect in a secure manner. We have taken certain physical, electronic, technical, and administrative steps and procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from users. Even though we follow procedures designed to protect the information in our possession, no security is perfect, and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Services.
Third Party Links; Affiliates
Some of the sections of this site will allow you to purchase different products and services online provided by other merchants, and not us. Some of the links that we post on our site are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
The Services may contain links, and you may receive links from other users, to third-party websites, such as social media sites, which may have privacy policies and practices that differ from our own. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of these products and services. In addition, a merchant will likely have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. If you make a purchase from a merchant on their site or on a site that we have posted a link to, the information obtained during your visit to that merchant’s online store or site, and the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your name, e-mail address, street address, telephone number, and credit card number, may be collected the merchant and us. We are not responsible for the activities and practices that take place on these sites or apps. For more information regarding a merchant, its online store, its privacy policies, and/or any additional terms and conditions that may apply, visit that merchant’s website and click on its information links or contact the merchant directly.